Saturday, June 9, 2007

Checking in

Not a lot going on at the moment. I'm making nips and tucks to the Ralph Compton book and am pretty happy with the way it's turning out. It's funny how something can seem better when I'm reading over it than when I'm working on it. It's like that with just about everything I write, though. I suppose it's kind of like staring at inch-wide squares of a painting as opposed to stepping back and seeing the whole picture. Maybe a little cliche, but true.

I'm getting ready for the Western Writers Convention next week. That's always a good time and I hope to see some of you at the signing. In fact, come down for the whole convention. Some of those other writers aren't half bad, either. (Since I refuse to use those smiley faces, I could use some exposition here like, "he said in a joking tone")

All right. It's back to work for now and I'll check in before I leave. I just got a shiny new laptop computer, so maybe I'll post something while I'm at the convention.

No comments: