Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year '09

Taking a breather for New Year's Day. Haven't decided if I'll take the full day off or not, but I'll definitely take it easy. The wife and I didn't really do much for New Year's Eve. Usually, we really don't do a lot. Just sit at home with a bunch of junk-food type appetisers, pig out and watch movies. To be honest, it's pretty great. I'm not a real party animal, so it's nice to do something I enjoy instead of something I feel like I HAVE TO do because it's New Year's Eve. It may sound lame, but it was fun.

In a few weeks, publishers will be back from vacation and getting back to work. That's when the fun starts. Getting a book contract rolling is hard enough under regular circumstances, but now that everyone's cutting back it's even more difficult. That's just the way it goes. Unless you're a big-time, amazingly popular author who calls his / her own shots, you need to pester (but not too much) and hope for the best. I've got plans for the next Boot Hill and Accomplice. My editors like both series, but now I've gotta wait for the higher-ups to get their ducks in a row. Persistence pays off and I'll let you know once I get some definite dates and such. I've also got plans for a new series, which would be a lot of fun to do. Again, lots of interest, but the wheels grind slowly.

That's about it from this end. Hope everyone had a great holiday and has an even better 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Galloway I am 14 and i dont have a e-mail so i cant e-mail you. Well any way I have all of your man from boot hill (all 5 of them) I have been waiting for a bout one year. I come to your web site every time i am on the computer. I am waiting for the next man from boot hill. If you are not making one can you tell me if he is convicted in his trial? if you do make a new one i will be the first to buy it. So please commet back.
talk to you soon Tyler

Marcus said...

Hey Tyler,
Thanks for the email. Trust me, I'm still trying to get the next Boot Hill book out there. I think I hate waiting for it more than anyone. As soon as I get some good news, I'll post it here.