Monday, October 22, 2007

The long silence

Yeah, I know it's been a while since my last post. That title makes it sound all dramatic and everything, but it's just been my fault. I've been busy with work and neglectful of my blogging duties. Anyway, I've recently endured the tedious labor that is the copy editing process for the fifth BOOT HILL book and am pleased to announce Nick Graves came through pretty darn well. Editing isn't exactly my favorite detail of writing, but it is a very necessary one...especially when you write like I do. (Just thought I'd say it before someone else did) Anyway, the fifth book in that series is going to be called Reaper's Fee and I believe it should be out in April or March of '08.


I've also done the editing thing for the third ACCOMPLICE book and that one should be released in Feb of '08 (I think). Here's a peek at the cover. I am VERY happy with it and love everything from the layout of the title to the cut of Doc's suit. What do you think? It still strikes me as odd to be touching up the third book in the series when the second is still a ways off from being published. It's business as usual for publishing houses, since they're backlogged out the wazoo, but I get awfully anxious to see my stuff hit the shelves. Sometimes, I've forgotten what the book was about by the time I see it at a store! The numbers for both of those series have been coming in and things are looking pretty good, so hopefully there'll be more to come from both.

It's been a while since I've done any signing events. The last one was at the Western Writers convention in July and that was a lot of fun. I always enjoy getting out there and meeting some readers. Every writer has their horror stories of bad signings, but even those can turn out pretty cool. I went to one at a mall bookstore and was ignored for three solid hours. When I started packing up and signing the books that were there, people took notice and gathered around to form a real crowd! I guess I just blended in with the scenery too much on that one. Oh well. Live and learn.

No comments: